In Hawaii with Naomi Newirth of Acacia
Naomi Newirth is a Hawaiian based resort designer who launched her brand, Acacia, in 2019. Acacia is known for its intricately detailed design, seamless comfort and buttery fabric.
It is almost summer time and to prepare, Acacia designer, Naomi Newirth is giving us a peek at the goodies she carries inside her beach bag and we need all of them!
You will find a little something for every beach goer in this designer’s beach bag. Whether it’s your favorite after swim wrap, environmentally safe sunscreen, or work out gear for the beach...Naomi has it covered.
We are all trying to save the planet, and Naomi has a few ways to help when you’re at the beach! Investing in a reusable water bottle is one way you can lend a hand this summer. Naomi avoids using plastic bottles by bringing her Hydro Flask to the beach, “because cold water on a hot Hawaiian beach day is a must.” When it comes to an environmentally conscious sunscreen, Raw Love is a reef safe sunscreen perfect for the entire family. Created on the island of Maui, this sunscreen is eco-friendly, reef friendly, and biodegradable.
When the Hawaiian sun gets little too strong, Naomi always turns to a straw hat as a chic way to shield the sun. “I love Janessa Leone’s straw hat to keep my face out of the sun when I can.” Eye protection is also just as important for an afternoon in the sun. Nothing is worse than getting to the beach and realizing you forgot your sunglasses. LRG sunnies are a great neutral tortoise guaranteed to pair with all of your favorite suits.
The Hawaiian swim designer doesn’t head to the beach without her favorite Acacia pieces. The cotton pareo is a quick and stylish cover up option when you plan to spend your day at the beach. Acacia swimsuits also are a necessity for time cooling off in the water or relaxing on the sand. “Loving the one pieces right now and always have a back up if I want to swap a wet suit out for a dry one.”
Naomi may have discovered our new go-to summer work out, Da Fins. “I always throw in my Da Fins for when I can sneak away from the family for a quick booty workout and swim.”
Whether you are heading to the beach by yourself or with your family, Naomi’s Cloth and Goods linen beach sheet will rock the beach. “A must because I like to spread out more than just a beach towel for our beach lunches. This linen is from my mothers online store called Cloth and Goods.” With beautifully crafted goods and vintage textiles, Cloth and Goods is the home goods heaven we’ve been searching for.
All of these summer essentials require an equally essential bag to get you to and from the beach. Olympia Activewear has you covered with the ultimate neoprene tote. The Hawaiian designers ‘everything bag’, is sure to fit everything one needs on and off the beach. Summer is coming and it’s time to get your beach bags ready. Shop what’s inside Hawaiian swim designer, Naomi Newirth’s, ultimate beach bag.
Hydro Flask ($40; hydroflask.com), Da Fins ($66; dafin.com), Cloth and Goods ($110; clothandgoods.com), Acacia sarong ($75; acacia.co), Janessa Leone ($214; janessleone.com), LRG Sunnies ($351, lgrworld.com), Acacia one piece ($216, acacia.com), La Roche Posay ($43; laroche-posay.us), Raw Love ($25; rawlovesunscreen.com), Olympia Activewear ($330; olympiaactivewear.com)
1. Hydro flask- bc cold water on a hot Hawaiian beach day is a must and I like to avoid using single use plastics and plastic bottles.
2. Da fins- for when I can sneak away from the family for a quick booty workout and swim.
3. Green check linen beach sheet- a must bc I like to spread out more then just a beach towel for our beach lunches. ( Linen from my mothers online store called clothandgoods.com)
4. Oversized beach towel for obvious reasons :)
5. Silky batik pareo - to wrap myself in when leaving the beach.
6. Janessa Leone straw hat- to keep my face out of the sun when I can.
7. LRG sunnies- to Protect my eyes from the sun.
8. Acacia suits- bc I live in them! Loving one pieces right now and always have back up if I want to swap a wet suit out for a dry one.
9. Acacia cotton pareo- as an option to wrap myself or my son in after a dip in the ocean.
10. La roche posay- i switch sunscreens up a lot but this is currently in my beach bag from grabbing it on a trip to Paris. I’ve always loved their sunscreen for my face.
11. Raw love sunscreen- bc it’s local and reef safe.
12. Beach bag and my everything bag via olympiaactivewear.com made from neoprene